I’m very honoured to have been nominated twice for the Sunshine Blogger Award this week! Thank you to The Bookish Wormy and Hooked on Bookz. So I’m going to rise to the challenge, and do both sets of questions.
The rules for the award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions from The Bookish Wormy:
- What is your favorite scent? Cinnamon.
- What is the saddest book you ever read? My mind has gone blank… one of the saddest I have read is The Painted Veil by Somerset Maugham. I’m sure there are sadder books around, but this one made an impression.
- Night owl or an early bird? Night owl.
- Who is your favorite villain? Gaston from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
- Would you rather live where it’s extremely cold or unbearably hot? Extremely cold. At least it’s easier to warm up than to cool down.
- What is something you firmly believe in? The power of libraries to change people’s lives for the better.
- Tell me something that brings a smile to your face and something that makes you sad! Cats yawning do make me smile, it’s so cute. Many things make me sad but let’s say homelessness.
- Cats or dogs?😂 Definitely cats.
- If you were an alien from which planet would you come from? I’m not sure. Cat planet?!
- What is one of your favorite tropes in books? I know it’s been really overused but I still like ‘chosen one’ type plots, as long as the character is well-written.
- Just for the sake of it who came first the chicken or the egg? The egg.
And now the questions from Hooked on Bookz:
- What/who inspired your blog? I was writing a blog for work and some of my colleagues said they really liked it and that I should have my own blog. So here we are!
- What’s your favorite place to read? On the sofa.
- What’s your favorite time of the day to review the books you read? Evening, but only because that’s when I’ve got the time.
- Coffee/Tea? Tea – but I will have coffee sometimes.
- Favorite indie bookstore in your town/city? There isn’t one here that I know of, but I like the Waterstones shop.
- Best bookstore you’ve visited: I used to like the Oxfam bookshop where I used to live a few years ago. It was well-stocked, well-organised and cheap. They even let me exchange a book I’d already bought for one which matched a set.
- Hardcover/Paperback? Always paperback. Hardbacks make my wrists hurt and they take up extra space in my bag.
- Favorite season(s)? Autumn and spring.
- Most recent read? Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough.
- A place you’d like to visit again: York.
- Most relaxing hour of the day: Midnight.
I’m nominating the following:
What’s Nonfiction?, Lazy Day Project, They Once Called Her Pumpkin, Sleeping Suburb, Reader Witch, Not So Modern Girl, Miskatonic Dropout, BW Reviews, I Have Thoughts on Books, Chronicles of Key, Pages Below the Vaulted Sky.
Questions for you to answer (if you would like to):
- What’s your talent? (everyone’s got at least one!)
- Do you read more e-books or print books?
- Favourite fairytale character?
- Place you’d most like to visit:
- What do you usually have for breakfast?
- A celebrity you would really like to meet:
- Something that makes you laugh:
- If you could time travel, which historical period would you go to?
- The book you have read the most times:
- Favourite thing about blogging:
- Sun or moon?