Today is my blog’s 3rd birthday – or ‘blogiversary’ as some of us call it. Back in 2018 when I first started this blog, I had only just joined Twitter too, so I barely had an online presence. Now, I have a thriving blog (with more than 500 posts), an active Twitter presence, a growing Instagram following and an emerging Goodreads presence. If you’ve been following me since the beginning, you’ll know that I’ve been writing and editing (on and off!) my book, We Watch You, during this time span. I recently announced that the ebook of We Watch You is available to pre-order and will be launched on October 1st. Amazon doesn’t allow me to make the paperback version available for pre-order, so I’ll be releasing it a little early, for logistical reasons.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported my blog these 3 years. I really appreciate the follows, shares, likes and comments. The interaction makes blogging so worthwhile.
A special welcome to all of my new followers. I hope you enjoy the blog. Here’s what you can expect:
- Book reviews. These are probably 75% of my content. I read at least 1 book a week, usually more. My reviews are honest and constructively critical. I review new and old books, fiction and non-fiction, bought, borrowed or provided for review.
- ‘Film of the book’ features in which I compare a film adaptation to the original book.
- Discussion posts, generally book-related but any subject could turn up.
- Creative writing such as wacky poems or creepy short stories.
- Reviews of other media such as TV shows, theatre or music albums.
- Random posts which could literally be about anything that captures my interest.
- Occasional updates about my books – at the moment this is my debut We Watch You. However, I hope to start writing my next book this winter.